February 27 - March 2, 2012
RED Studios Hollywood
846 North Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90038
February 27 - February 29 | 9:00am - 6:00pm
The week of REDucation begins with the 3 day REDucation class focused on hands-on learning with RED Digital Cinema camera packages (EPIC, SCARLET and RED ONE). Learn, shoot and review 4K footage on the big screen each day.
Along with Ted Schilowitz, Light Iron CEO, Michael Cioni, will be teaching the three-day classes.
Class topics/activities include:
- Screening of 4K footage from RED and Students
- Raw image capture and media choices
- Data management
- EPIC, SCARLET and RED ONE camera building
- EPIC and SCARLET camera menus
- Two shooting assignments at RED Studios Hollywood with full EPIC, SCARLET and RED ONE camera packages
- Post Production including monitoring, editing, color science and deliverables
- REDCINE X Professional overview and hands on lesson
- iPad Dailies
- Future proofing and archiving
February 29 | 6:00pm - 10:00pm
REDUCATION OPEN HOUSE is a rare and not to be missed night filled with opportunities for attendees to view new RED centric products, learn best practices, hear latest buzz in filmmaking and hang out with other industry professionals. Special presentations to the community will be made by insiders at RED, as well as a screening of footage in 4K and 3D.
Light Iron will be present to give demonstrations on its Outpost systems.
March 1 - March 2 | 9:00am - 6:00pm
Michael Cioni will also teach the RED Post Production class, with topics including:
- Post production techniques for on set grading and file preparation
- Avid, FCP and Premiere Pro Editing for RED projects
- REDCINE-X, Storm and Scratch
To learn more and register, visit the REDucation site.