Your search for an internship at a cutting-edge post production house has finally led you here. Light Iron is a file-based digital intermediate facility providing on-set services, color correction, and finishing to feature, episodic, commercial, and web-bound projects. We offer internship opportunities to college/university students interested in being a part of the ever-changing revolution of digital cinema.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis in both LA and NYC.
Required intern qualifications:
- An interest in post production
- Problem-solving skills
- Proactive attitude
- Sense of humor
- Enthusiasm trumps prior experience
- Valid driver license and a reliable car (for LA positions)
- Camera knowledge is a plus for OUTPOST candidates
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for Marketing candidates
General internship details:
- Internships are available for three months every Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.
- Interns must receive college/university credit.
- All mileage accrued during runs is reimbursed at the IRS-designated rate.
Interns must be available at least two days a week.
- The two days must be consecutive.
- If available for three or more days, other combinations are allowed (e.g., M, W, F).
- We afford our interns a lot of freedom, so those candidates who constantly seek out work and ask questions will have a much richer experience than those waiting for tasks to be delegated.
Interns will work across departments, but may have the opportunity to focus on one of the following areas:
To apply, email your resume (.pdf only) to email@example.com, indicating the following:
- when you are available to start,
- which city you desire (LA or NYC),
- if you are interested in a specific focus area