Welcome to the Light Iron COVID-19 response resource hub.
At Light Iron, we have been focused on mitigating the impact of the pandemic on current productions by providing clients with remote workflow services for their projects. Since stay-at-home orders went into effect, Light Iron and our parent company Panavision have been diligently working to ensure that our businesses remain strong and prepared to serve you when we can safely return to work.
To that end, we are taking steps to ensure the safety and security of our facilities and clients by revisiting all of our protocols and procedures.
Please use the tools below to understand any changes to our normal practices.
Light Iron has produced a return-to-work document for information on our latest policies and procedures, which can be viewed here
Visitors to any Panavision group facility in the United States are required to sign an attestation, you may preview the form here.
Q: When will I be able to come into Light Iron for a session?
A: Light Iron is able to provide pre-scheduled color & review sessions in our Hollywood and New York facilities. Camera tests & dailies color reviews are also possible in our Atlanta and New Orleans facilities, depending on specific project requirements. We are also continuing to provide solutions and support for remote services to all open facility locations.
Q: What Health and Safety procedures are in place?
A: In order to protect the health and safety of our clients and employees, Light Iron has implemented a return-to-work plan that includes the following measures:
- The number of people (staff, visitors and customers) in a facility at any one time is tightly scheduled and limited by the Health and Safety Site Leads, in coordination with operations, so that capacity limits of individual rooms and social distancing generally can be maintained and enforced.
- Schedules are coordinated across all departments to minimize the number of people (clients and employees) in the facility at any one time.
- Masks are required for employees and clients.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed throughout the facility, including visitor sign-in areas, the vault, client bays, and kitchen area.
- Six-foot markings for social distancing are striped, verified, and maintained at entrances and check-in areas.
- Distances of 6 feet between individuals are maintained at all times within all Light Iron facilities.
- Lobbies, lounges, and client-facing rooms have been reconfigured where necessary to promote social distancing.
- Tables and chairs in common areas have been moved, modified with partitions, or blocked from use to promote social distancing.
- Maximum occupancy for each room has been established to ensure social distancing. Signs with the corresponding number are posted on the exterior of each room.
- Conference rooms are not being used for group meetings. Teleconferencing and/or video conferencing continues to be used for all group meetings, including by in-facility employees and visitors.
- Bathroom occupancy is limited to single individuals.
- A cleaning schedule for all common areas and high-touch surfaces around each facility has been created and is being maintained. Cleaning occurs at least hourly during the business day for high-touch surfaces.
- In addition, PPE stations, hand sanitizer stations, and hazardous waste bins are located throughout the facility for both clients and employees.
- Each facility has a Health and Safety Site Lead, who monitors facility operations, ensuring best practices are being followed, and who acts as a resource to anyone who has questions or concerns.
All of our policies and procedures will be updated to account for changing federal, state, county, and city rules and regulations.
Q: What check-in procedures are in place at the facility?
A: A check-in procedure has been in place since the early stages of the crisis and will remain in place for the foreseeable future. Visitors should expect the following during check-in and the duration of their visit:
- iPad-based self-certification questions regarding visitors’ current health status, recent travel history, and whether they have had recent contact with anyone who has been sick. The device is sanitized after each use. You may preview the form here.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask upon entry and at all times within the building. If an individual does not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Gloves are optional for visitors.
- Hand sanitizer is provided immediately upon entrance and throughout the facility.
- Visitors need to comply with facility requirements to limit the spread of COVID-19 (including wearing PPE, following social distancing procedures, and understanding possible symptoms). Policies are clearly posted at the entrance and throughout the facility.
- Defined and controlled entry and exit points have been established.
Q: Are you doing daily health screenings of your employees before or when they enter the facility?
A: All employees self-certify their symptoms on a daily basis before entering our facilities.
Q: Will you require Light Iron employees, clients and other visitors to wear gloves and masks, and will they be provided?
A: Face masks are required inside our facilities and must be worn at all times.
- We provide disposable surgical masks, which are available at several PPE stations throughout the facility.
- Reusable cloth masks may be worn within the facility, but it is the responsibility of the individual to keep the mask clean and disinfected.
- We provide both latex and nitrile gloves, which are available at several PPE stations throughout the facility. It is not mandatory to wear gloves, but it is highly recommended in situations where there is a higher risk of exposure and/or when using cleaning and disinfectant chemicals and solutions.
- An adequate supply of masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and other supplies is kept in stock to support daily operations, taking into account employee and guest headcount.
- Used/soiled PPE should be discarded in the proper “Hazardous Waste” containers labeled and stationed throughout the facility.
Q: Is there a limit to supervised sessions or how many people are allowed in at a time? If I come in for an editorial or color session, how far will I be from the editor or colorist?
A: To ensure proper social distancing where all individuals can remain 6 feet apart, there is a maximum number of individuals permitted in each room. Signs are posted in each room accordingly, advising of these new maximum occupancies. Most of our color and editorial rooms are permitted to accommodate 2-3 people, while the theaters can hold more.
Allowing for social distancing, the maximum number of individuals (including client and artist) permitted per room is as follows:
Q: Can I visit the facility anytime during the hours when my colorist/editor is working on my project, or do I have to let you know in advance when I am coming in?
A: In order to minimize congestion in high-traffic areas like entrances and exits, we employ staggered session schedules. You will be given advance notice prior to a scheduled session of your check-in time. Please contact your Light Iron representative and arrange for your visit in advance.
Q: If I don’t feel comfortable visiting the facility for in-person sessions, what options are available to me?
A: We will continue to offer various remote capabilities for collaboration including:
- Synchronous live supervised remote reviews for color and online
- Asynchronous reviews for HDR/SDR work-in-progress outputs
We can also create hybrid scenarios whereby we can increase the number of individuals involved in the session by adding remote capabilities to a local session. Please contact your Light Iron representative for more information.
Q: Will my producer be in the facility if I need to speak with them? How are interactions with employees / producers / colorists handled, especially if some individuals are still remote?
A: We can arrange for a Light Iron producer or other employee member to report to the facility for a session, but it needs to be requested in advance and be consistent with the facility capacity planning. We can also organize interactions via phone or video conference.
Q: Will coffee and refreshments be available? Will I be able to order lunch?
A: Client service snacks are limited to single-use, and all meals are boxed individually to minimize handling and discourage sharing. Visitors can bring their own meals or Light Iron offers an established food service with local vendors delivering individual meals.
- Individual coffee dispensers are available in each bay to reduce handling.
- We provide single-use supplies to minimize handling. All cups, utensils and other food and beverage supplies are disposable and sustainable (compostable materials only).
- Outside cups, mugs, utensils and other supplies are not permitted for use with Light Iron-provided refreshments or beverages.
- Microwave oven use is permitted, but use of other cooking devices currently located in the facilities, such as stoves and ovens, is not permitted.
- Food service areas are cleaned regularly per the facility cleaning schedules. Materials for self-cleaning, such as sanitizing wipes, are provided, and all individuals are encouraged to clean after use.
- Eating and drinking is only permitted in designated areas or outdoors to ensure that employees and visitors respect the mask policy.
Q: How will you handle the situation in the event that COVID exposure occurs in the facility?
- If an employee or visitor exhibits or reports symptoms of COVID-19 infection, the employee or visitor will be isolated and sent home immediately.
- We will also take steps to identify and send home other employees or visitors who may have been in contact with that person, as appropriate, and notify government agencies as required.
- We will perform a cleaning of all involved areas in accordance with CDC guidelines.